How to care for Kitchen Strong board
Natural wood cutting boards will last for many years, but they require proper care. We highly recommend conditioning your board, with the KS conditioner once or twice a month depending on the frequency of use
Make sure you clean and condition your Kitchen Strong board prior to first use.
How to clean your board after use
- To avoid bacteria, it is important that you wash your Kitchen Strong board immediately after use.
- Hand wash your Kitchen Strong board with soap and hot water.
- Wipe the cutting board with hot soapy water, rinse it with hot water only and wipe it dry with a clean dish towel.
- For an all-natural clean, wipe the Kitchen Strong board with a warm damp cloth and sprinkle coarse salt over it. Cut a lemon in half and scrub the cut side of the lemon over the board while slightly squeezing the lemon juice onto the board. Let it stand for five minutes and use a scrub brush to remove the excess.
- Store your KS board in a dry area.
How to sanitize and/or remove stains your board
- To avoid bacteria and smells, disinfect and deodorize your Kitchen Strong board using vinegar or lemon juice.
- Spray vinegar or lemon juice on the Kitchen Strong board, let sit for a few minutes and wipe it with a damp warm cloth.
- Vinegar or lemon juice can be combined with coarse salt to scrub the surface of your Kitchen Strong board.
- After scrubbing, wipe the board with a warm wet cloth and dry with a clean dish towel.
How to condition your board
Step 1: Clean your Kitchen Strong board with soap and hot water.
Step 2: Dry your board immediately with a clean dry cloth.
Step 3: Once dry, use a clean dry cloth to rub the KS conditioner in a circular motion into the surface of the board. Remember to apply the conditioner to the front, back and sides of the board. Allow the conditioner to penetrate for 1 hour.
Step 4: Wipe off any excess conditioner from the board with a clean dry cloth.
Step 5: Enjoy your beautiful Kitchen Strong Board!